iCoachKids makes a big impact at the ICCE Global Coaches House at the Special Olympics, Abu Dhabi
Project Director Dr Sergio Lara-Bercial presented an overview of iCoachKids to coaches at an ICCE Global Coaches House during the Special Olympic World Games, Abi Dhabi
During Sergio's presentation, he highlighted the importance of a developing partnership between iCoachKids and the Special Olympics.
The Global Coaches House marked the first event in the developing partnership between Special Olympics and the International Council for Coaching Excellence, working towards a common goal of providing the best possible development opportunities for coaches.
Throughout the afternoon coaches heard from a range of international experts in coaching and coach development. There was also an opportunity to learn a little more about how Special Olympics is supporting Special Olympics coaches. These accomplished Athlete leaders shared their experiences as athletes and the role their coaches have played in their development.
Alongside Sergio, speakers included :
- Houriya Hussain Taheri, AFC A Licence Coach, executive member of the UAE Women's Football Committee and Technical Director of Women's Football at Abu Dhabi Sport Council
- John Shearer & Ian Wright, Badminton World Federation
- Meaghan McHugh, Director at Healthy Athletes (SOI)
- Fiona Murray, SOI Sport Director, Coaching and Education
- Emanuelle Dutra Fernandes de Souza, Sargent Shriver International Global Messenber
On behalf of the ICCE and iCoachKids, Sergio Lara-Bercial said:
“ICCE was delighted to partner up with SO for GCH Abu Dhabi. To see first hand the impact of sport in the lives of children and adults with intellectual disabilities and the power of unified sport was humbling. We are delighted that Global Coaches House was a success and look forward to further editions in the future”.